Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

SANDS OF TIME


Footsteps along the violent sea
The dashing waves collapse on the beach
The vast horizon continues endlessly
And ends at eternity.

As I place my foot on the sand
An imprint is what is left behind
As I advance to a second step
The imprint is washed into the sands of time

I try to save it there
But the waves just wash it away
Just like moments in life
Fade away with space and time

I want to store them far away
Where they would forever remain
Where they would be at bay
From every sorrow and pain

Then I look at the mighty waves
See them rising and collapsing endlessly
See that every wave has an end
When it flows on the imprint slowly

I then realize
My imprint is not lost forever
It lies somewhere within the depths
Where every person who walked this earth ever:
Exists as remnants of history

No comments:

Post a Comment