Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

THE JOURNEY


Sipping my hot coffee
In a quiet train
I was reading a random piece
When in she gently came

Her curls softly brushing
Across her serene face
That radiated hope immensely
Like a flower blooming in May

As she walked in gracefully
Stealing one gaze at a time
She captivated my pounding  heart
Stealing what was once mine

Seated right in front of me
She gazed through the window
I wished to ask her name
But words didn’t seem to come through

Thoughts flowed into my head
As I was making the perfect plan
To utter my first words;to go ahead
And speak what I had in mind

I looked at her hoping to speak
At some moment when I could
But time just passed away far too quick
By the time I decided I should

I gazed on awestruck
As I watched her leave
And words still seemed to be lost
In memories of her thoughts

The train resumed its never ending journey,
It begins yet again
And I sip my cold coffee
As silence creeps in again

No comments:

Post a Comment